Sunday 20 September 2009

Narsis Mages Guild

For the moment at least, here's something completely different.

As my latest claim at TR, I've decided to take it upon myself to build the Guild of Mages for the Hlaalu capital of Narsis, which is, as you may have guessed, quite a large undertaking. In my attempts to make the place as awesome as possible, I thought I would have a go at doing a bit of thinking out of the box modding. I decided to have a go at building a botanical garden from which the mages could collect alchemical ingredients for their work.


Keeping in mind that this is a work-in-progress, I'd say I've done quite well with this. Unlike the Redoran architecture set, the Hlaalu set is not well set up for building balcony-atrium structures like this. In this case, the key to my success was a special ceilingless version of in_hlaalu_room_centre (all credit for making it go to Cire992 from TR!) for laying out the central atrium. This piece was also flipped upside-down to form the ceiling of the atrium, as well.

Making the transition between the upper floor and the floor below was also quite an interesting proposition. In the end, I used the in_hlaalu_hall_rail and in_hlaalu_room_post pieces, mirrored. This left a gap at the top and bottom, which I then carefully covered up with furn_planter_01 pots, scaled up to perfectly fit the post circumference.

Once I've sorted out the rest of the niggles with this layout, I plan to decorate this area, and populate it with stands and workbenches selling alchemical equipment and books etc, and begin to build and detail the rest of the guild. I will post any further interesting feature I come up with as and when they come!!

EDIT: More pics!







No comments:

Post a Comment